Who wants to look their age? Although everyone wants clear youthful skin no matter what their age, the fact is that time does a job on your skin. If you want to protect your skin from photoaging and free radicals, start taking steps early on. These anti-aging tips will help you to keep Father Time at bay–
1. To keep your skin healthy you will need to exfoliate. Exfoliation involves micro-abrasive substances being rubbed into your skin. It clears away dead skin, dirt and deep cleans pores. When done as part of a spa treatment, exfoliation can be a simply divine experience which is its own reward. There are many products available currently that allow you to exfoliate at home – saving you both time and money.
2. Use a quality moisturizer. Moisturizing the skin allows it to shine throughout the day and can help to strengthen it for the rigors it will face, such as sun and wind. Everyday our skin is bombarded by harmful chemicals and substances that work to speed up the aging process, moisturizing can slow the onslaught.
3. As discussed above, it is important to moisturize your skin from the outside. But don’t forget to hydrate from the inside out as well. The American Medical Association recommends eight glasses of water every day. This will give your skin the water that cells need to reproduce. When combined with the other tips give you a healthy glow well into your golden years.
4. It is imperative that you use a high SPF sun block. The sun is your skin’s worst enemy and sun block will act like a wall put between the two. Regular usage of sun block can prevent age-spots before they occur, or lessen their impact after they do. Sun block also protects from skin cancer.
5. Get a good night’s sleep, every night. Sleep is the time the body uses to repair itself from the previous day and to prepare for the oncoming one. If healthy skin is important to you, ensure that you are getting your full eight-hours. Getting adequate sleep is the preventative to reduce the effects of aging and as the old saying goes, “An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.”
6. The great effects of many commercial skin products are due to the high vitamin content they contain. Complement these ingredients by taking a multivitamin daily. When it comes to your skin, you can’t have too much of a good thing.
Your skin is one of the largest and most important organs in your body. It’s the first thing that people see and great looking skin can help you look and feel wonderful. Take good care of your skin and you will be rewarded with a youthful and healthy glow.