When we age, some things become more difficult to attend to. Case in point — your feet. Arthritis or other health conditions make it hard to bend over and the feet can get neglected. Dry cracked heels are unattractive, but more importantly they can become a health problem. Eventually fissures can form and lead to an infection. Don’t let it go to that point. There are quite a few things you can do to take care of your feet.
Your local drug store will have many remedies for foot problems, but not all of them are natural. That’s why we’ve put together some of the best natural dry cracked feet remedies for you. Get ready to remove the crust and reveal soft, beautiful feet!
Baking Soda Soak. Add some baking soda to a foot bath and let soak for about half an hour to help soften dry, hard feet. This also works great for the rest of your skin and you can even add some to your bath salts.
- Vinegar Soak. Mix about a cup of white vinegar and a small amount of dish soap in a tub of warm water. Mix and let soak for about ten minutes.
- Milk Soak. Add a cup of milk to a warm foot bath. Dairy is a great natural moisturizer and will help soften up hard dry skin on your feet.
- Banana. Mash bananas into a pulp and apply to your heels and other affected areas. Let sit for about ten minutes and rinse.
- Vegetable Oil. Vegetable Oils have been used as moisturizers for dry skin long before traditional moisturizers were manufactured. After you’ve tried one of these other treatments, pat your feet dry and rub in a generous amount of oil, then put on thick socks to help keep the moisture in.
Although soaks and lotions are helpful, they don’t get at the root cause of your problems. While dry weather may aggravate your condition, if you find you’re having to repeatedly treat your aching feet, your problem might be more than just the weather or genetics.
Consider these other cause of rough feet:
Upgrade your shoes. Poor fitting shoes can cut off circulation to your heels and toes. If the skin doesn’t get blood, it doesn’t get enough water, nutrients, or water. Get your feet measured to make sure you’re wearing the right size.
If you’re using an inexpensive brand, you may want to invest in some quality footwear. They can help your feet, legs, back, and usually last a lot longer too.
Bad hygiene can also be a cause of dry cracked feet. It can be easy to neglect your feet when you’re scrubbing, but taking the extra time to scrub can be well worth it. Be sure to moisturize after since soaps can be drying.
Your foot problems could be a manifestation of poor diet and hydration. Make sure you’re getting enough water and eating a well balanced diet with plenty of fruits and vegetables.
Incoming search terms:
- how to get crust off feet
- bit ly/agingfeet
- how to get crust off your feet
- homemade foot soak to remove crust from feet
- crusting on toes
- cause of crust on person\s feet
- how to get rid of feet crust
- how to remove crust from foot
- how to take of crust off heels com
- remedy for feet crust