Without the correct foot treatment regimen your feet will begin to undergo changes. You will start to suffer from sore feet and your skin will start to dry up. A little pampering will go a long way in keeping your feet healthy. The worst case scenario is that you develop smelly feet and who wants to be known for having foot odour?
After a long day at work what is nicer than coming home and soaking your feet in some warm soapy water or maybe even in a foot spa. It is recommended that you soak your feet for no longer than 10 minutes. This is to prevent your skin from drying out excessively. Then pat your feet dry and massage some foot lotion into them. This will make your entire body feel relaxed and is a great way to re-energize after a hard day.
Sometimes we tend to forget about our feet and then wonder why we develop foot problems. Using a foot treatment regimen is an effortless way to ensure our feet stay healthy for years to come.
A Basic Foot Treatment Regimen:
• Examine your feet weekly for any dry spots, blisters, calluses or anything that looks unusual.
• Wash or soak your feet daily in warm water.
• Pat your feet dry with a soft towel, don’t rub as this can cause blisters.
• Apply a good quality foot lotion.
• Use powder if you suffer from sweaty feet.
• Wear fresh socks each day.
• Always wear dry shoes and check for stones or debris before putting them on.
• Always cut your toe nails straight across.
When examining your feet, if you do notice anything unusual then check with your doctor. This is especially true if you suffer from foot pain which is relieved by taking the weight off of your feet. Other conditions to watch out for are tingling sensations in your feet that don’t go away. Any injury that just doesn’t want to heal and if your foot or leg starts to turn black or blue for no apparent reason, these are all signs that medical attention is required.
Untreated foot pain can lead to many foot problems including plantar fasciitis, athlete’s foot and other ailments. Our feet take a lot of stress each and every day, take the time to apply this basic foot treatment regimen and your whole body will thank you for it.